A member of the S&P SmallCap 600 Index, Penn Virginia Corporation (NYSE:PVA) is an independent natural gas and oil company focused on the exploration, acquisition, development and production of reserves in domestic onshore regions. For more information about PVA, please visit our website at www.pennvirginia.com.
This position will report directly to the Production Manager located in our Houston office location. Primary responsibility of the position is to oversee the Company’s producing assets located in MS. Including, assuring that producing properties operate at a maximum economic rate and comply with governmental and contractual requirements.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required, preferably with petroleum-related emphasis.
· Minimum of 5 years’ oil and gas industry experience, preferably with major or large independent.
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite software. Including use of an Access database.
· Must be able to work in a team environment and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience in the Selma Chalk or comparable horizontal unconventional resource play.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare and implement plans to manage production assets on a daily basis.
· Coordinate field operations and production programs with Field Foremen to ensure consistency with Company’s OPEX and production forecasts.
· Prepare and/or review and implement well completion and workover plans, including AFEs.
· Be familiar and ensure compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations.
· Bid and select vendor services relating to well completions, workovers, production handling and field operational work.
· Interact with drilling and reservoir engineering personnel regarding well drilling and workovers.
· Stay abreast of technology advances involving well completions, stimulations and operation efficiencies and make recommendations for using such new technology on Company assets.
· Assist with evaluation of potential acquisitions and divestitures.
· Prepare and present, as needed, periodic management reports.
· Enhance regional value through leadership and cross-discipline interaction in a team environment.
candidates should contact